Application Systems Design, Development, Training, Support & Support Services
Ready-made Customizable Solutions
Solutions: Config Management : Image Verifier: Install & Use
Image Verifier - Installation and Use
Describes Image Verifier dependencies, requirements, installation and use.
cm.pl - Configuration Management configuration and common logic modules (see: cm.html)
jhzcs.pl - JHZ-CS configuration and common logic modules (see: jhzcs.html)
IID (Item Information Dataset)
iv.cgi - logic module
db_tabs.pl - data mapping (required only for SQL RDBMS data source usage)
PACKING (PARTS) LIST
PRODUCT ID: IV
*AUTH - Authorization/permissions octal equilvalents where:
7=RWX, 6=RW, 5=RX, 4=R (R=Read W=Write X=Executable)
1 char indicates Octal number
2 char Owner
3 char Group
4 char All Others
It is recommended that you read the entire installation process steps prior to performing installation. Each solution has specific instructions.
- Download solution to desktop
- Expand installation package (use any standard archive application; such as WinZip®, StuffIt Expander® or TAR command)
- Set configuration settings
- Upload components to server
- Set file permissions
- Test installation
- Customize Templates as desired
- Test customizations
Modify Logic Components
Modify all logic components "*.cgi" and "*.pl" logic modules as follows:
- First line of code (#!) correctly points to the PERL executable binary on the server (use command "which perl" or consult your server administrator)
- All PERL "requires" statements contained in "*.cgi" and "*.pl" logic modules must use "absolute" directory paths (beginning with a forward slash "/")
Set Configuration variables in iv.cgi; see embedded instructions.
Uploading to Web Server
All dependent and required components must be successfully installed and configured. All components, with the exception of images, must be FTP uploaded as TEXT. Images must be FTP uploaded as BINARY.
This is a back end administration utility invoked via the URL that points to it. The default install location would point to "http://yourdomain/cgi-bin/cm/vi/vi.cgi" where "yourdomain" would be replaced accordingly.
JHZ-CS Solutions are offered exclusively under the terms and conditions of the JHZ-CS Software License Agreement.