Application Systems Design, Development, Training, Support & Support Services
Ready-made Customizable Solutions
Solutions: Page Generators : Item Compare: Description
Item Compare - Description
Item Compare provides a comparative display of detailed information for items assigned to a same category, subcategory or manufacture. This comparative display assists users to locate items and make decisions quickly. They simply check the items to be compared, then click Compare.
Supported via POST method passing valid Item Compare Controls and their respective values as input. Item Compare Controls consist a check boxes for each item contained in a list and the Compare button(s). The controls are automatically created when page as generated using via Category List, Subcategory List and Manufacture List by simply references contained in their respective page templates. Item Compare is also supported on static pages by simply inserting the Compare Controls manually into those pages.
Results include items grouped by sorted alphabetically and formatted using a fully customizable template. Template processing automatically generates links and controls supporting:
- Item Detail links
- Category List links
- Subcategory List links
- Manufacture List links
- Shopping Cart "Add-To-Cart" function links
- Item Search controls w/dynamic parameter setting
- Banner Rotator System markup replaced hyperlinked images
Any data item defined within the Item Information Dataset (IID) may be referenced within Item Compare's template. Special format handling supports item specification data defined within the IID for enhancement to the comparative display.
Special formatting is provided for display of item features and specifications information contained in the IID. This provides a more comprehensive detailing of this item information.
- OS: Unix, Linux, Macintosh OS X® and Windows®
- HTTP 1.x with CGI (Common Gateway Interface) PERL 5.x (check with your ISP or Server Administrator; this requirement is typically supported on most systems)
- Optional: SENDMAIL (supported Unix/Linux/OS X platforms), or PERL NET:SMTP (available from CPAN, commonly used on Windows® OS) SMTP installed and configured. This optional requirement supports automatic email notification to the webmaster when execution errors are detected.
- Optional: For configurations using an RDBMS (Relational Database Management System) data source requires a supported RDBMS, the PERL DBI module and the RDBMS specific DBD module to be previously installed and configured
JHZ-CS Solutions are offered exclusively under the terms and conditions of the JHZ-CS Software License Agreement.