Application Systems Design and Development Services
Ready-made Fully Customizable Solutions
Solutions: Page Generators : Item Detail: Description
Item Detail - Description
Item Detail generates details pages for items defined in the Item Information Dataset (IID). Pages are dynamically generated each time Item Detail is invoked using the most current updates to both templates and data. Templates are fully customizable. A feature of Item Detail is its exception handling. When no item is specified, by default a list of all items defined in the Item Information Dataset is generated; see "Exception Handling" below.
Supports both GET and POST methods. Input is a valid "Item ID" name value pair.
Results are formatted using fully customizable templates. Items may have two templates defined in the IID providing alternative display for each item. Templates may be shared by multiple items.
Item Detail automatically generates links/controls supporting:
- Item Detail using alternate template link
- Category List link
- Subcategory List link
- Manufacture List link
- Shopping Cart "Add-To-Cart" link (when Shopping Cart is installed)
- Item Search controls w/dynamic parameter setting for qualified search with a category, subcategory or manufacture.
- Banner Rotator System markup replaced hyperlinked images (when Banner Rotator System is installed)
When no Item ID, or an invalid Item ID, is specified an "All Items" list is generated and displayed.
Items are listed with incremental paged display (default is 20 items per page) with "previous" and "next" function links.
- OS: Unix, Linux, Macintosh OS X® and Windows®
- HTTP 1.x with CGI (Common Gateway Interface) PERL 5.x (check with your ISP or Server Administrator; this requirement is typically supported on most systems)
- Optional: SENDMAIL (supported Unix/Linux/OS X platforms), or PERL NET:SMTP (available from CPAN, commonly used on Windows® OS) SMTP installed and configured. This optional requirement supports automatic email notification to the webmaster when execution errors are detected.
- Optional: For configurations using an RDBMS (Relational Database Management System) data source requires a supported RDBMS, the PERL DBI module and the RDBMS specific DBD module to be previously installed and configured
JHZ-CS Solutions are offered exclusively under the terms and conditions of the JHZ-CS Software License Agreement.