Application Systems Design and Development Services
Ready-made Fully Customizable Solutions
Solutions: Page Generators : Manufacture List: Description
Manufacture List - Description
Manufacture List dynamically generates lists of items defined to a specified manufacture within the Item Information Dataset (IID). Each time it's invoked a new page is generated picking up the most current updates to both template and data. It's template is fully customizable!
Supports both GET and POST methods. Input is a valid "manufacture" parameter name value pair. Optionally supported is additional passing of a valid "category" parameter name value pair; when specified results are restricted to the specified category of items belonging to the specified manufacture.
Resulting items are grouped by category and subcategory sorted alphabetically and formatted using a fully customizable template. Template processing automatically generates links and controls supporting:
- Item Detail links
- Category List links
- Subcategory List links
- Shopping Cart "Add-To-Cart" function links
- Item Search controls w/dynamic parameter setting
- Banner Rotator System markup replaced hyperlinked images
- Item Compare controls
Results include a manufacture information header containing address, telephone and website (hyperlinked when available). Each category and subcategory represented in the results is anchor name link listed, at the top of the page, to their respective groups for easy user click-down. Category and Subcategory group heading is linked to Subcategory List and Category List when they are installed.
If an invalid manufacture value is passed as input control is passed to Manufacture Directory when it is installed; see Manufacture Directory for details. Optionally, a not found page, Category List, Subcategory List or Item Detail (w/o an Item ID) can be invoked as an exceptional handler.
- OS: Unix, Linux, Macintosh OS X® and Windows®
- HTTP 1.x with CGI (Common Gateway Interface) PERL 5.x (check with your ISP or Server Administrator; this requirement is typically supported on most systems)
- Optional: SENDMAIL (supported Unix/Linux/OS X platforms), or PERL NET:SMTP (available from CPAN, commonly used on Windows® OS) SMTP installed and configured. This optional requirement supports automatic email notification to the webmaster when execution errors are detected.
- Optional: For configurations using an RDBMS (Relational Database Management System) data source requires a supported RDBMS, the PERL DBI module and the RDBMS specific DBD module to be previously installed and configured
JHZ-CS Solutions are offered exclusively under the terms and conditions of the JHZ-CS Software License Agreement.