Application Systems Design, Development, Training, Support & Support Services
Ready-made Customizable Solutions
Solutions: Page Generators : Subcategory List: Description
Subcategory List - Description
Subcategory List generates lists of items defined to a specified subcategory within the Item Information Dataset (IID). Each time it's invoked a new page is generated picking up the most current updates to both templates and data.
Supports both GET and POST methods. Input is a valid "subcategory" parameter name value pair. Links to Subcategory List are automatically generated by reference with appropriate input parameters by the various JHZ-CS Page Generator Solutions.
Resulting items are grouped by manufacture sorted alphabetically and formatted using the fully customizable template. Template processing includes automatic generation of links and controls supporting:
- Item Detail links
- Category List link
- Manufacture List links
- Shopping Cart "Add-To-Cart" function links
- Item Search controls w/dynamic parameter setting
- Banner Rotator System markup replaced hyperlinked images
- Item Compares controls
NOTE: The example below shows only one Manufacture. When more than one Manufacture has items defined to the specified subcategory, items are grouped by manufacture with multiple name anchors generated to each group. Each manufacture represented in the results is anchor link listed at the top of page pointing to each manufacture group for easy click-down. Manufacture group heading are linked to Manufacture List for display of all items for the respective manufacture when installed.
If no subcategory parameter name value pair, or an invalid subcategory value, is passed as input control is passed to Manufacture Directory; when it is installed. When an invalid subcategory parameter value is passed, the first character is used to determine the initial display of the Manufacture Directory; as shown in example below. Optionally, Subcategory List may be configured to pass control to Category List for sites without manufacture specific products or when Manufacture Directory is not installed.
- OS: Unix, Linux, Macintosh OS X® and Windows®
- HTTP 1.x with CGI (Common Gateway Interface) PERL 5.x (check with your ISP or Server Administrator; this requirement is typically supported on most systems)
- Optional: SENDMAIL (supported Unix/Linux/OS X platforms), or PERL NET:SMTP (available from CPAN, commonly used on Windows® OS) SMTP installed and configured. This optional requirement supports automatic email notification to the webmaster when execution errors are detected.
- Optional: For configurations using an RDBMS (Relational Database Management System) data source requires a supported RDBMS, the PERL DBI module and the RDBMS specific DBD module to be previously installed and configured
JHZ-CS Solutions are offered exclusively under the terms and conditions of the JHZ-CS Software License Agreement.