Application Systems Design, Development, Training, Support & Support Services
Ready-made Customizable Solutions
Please complete the following prior to submission of support requests:
- For issues not pertaining to a specific product, click General Support
- Check documentation provided at time of purchase
- Verify installation steps were successfully completed
- Check "Common Issues" below
- Check product "Usage" and "FAQs" (Frequently Asked Questions) for known resolutions to the issue
- After having completed the steps above, go to the "TECHNICAL SUPPORT MATRIX" below and click "SUPPORT" for the Solution/Service.
Computer platforms use different internal file formats. When uploading and downloading components it's imperative to assure platform differences between client and server are processed correctly. FTP (File Transfer Protocol) software may be configured to handle platform differences automatically base on file name extension.
Verify all non-graphic components are transferred as TEXT and that graphic components are transferred as BINARY. When using the "automatic file type" detection feature of FTP software verify file mappings for ".htm", ".html", ".cgi", ".pl", ".txt", and ".dat" is set for TEXT.
Logic Modules (UNIX/Linux/OSX)
Verify first line of all "*.cgi" and "*.pl" modules, commonly referred to as "She bang" (#!), points correctly to the directory path where the PERL binary resides on the web server.
Determine the path to the PERL binary: by referring to your ISP server documentation; or, use the "whereis" or "which" command if supported; or, consult your server administrator.
Authorization is a common issues. On most all UNIX based server platforms permissions are set at Owner, Group and Other levels (files "owned" by a specific user, with that user defined to a specific group). Servers are configured to execute CGI programs/scripts within web-server space as a specific User. This determines authorization for logic module execution and data access. For security purposes, grant the minimum permissions required.
Consult your web-server administrator to determine the User and Group CGI programs/scripts will execute under. Then, using the guidelines below set authorizations accordingly:
- All components - Verify Owner and Group for each component is set as per your web-server requirements.
- Logic modules (files ending with ".cgi") - Verify permissions are authorized for "execute" access.
- Logic module directories - Verify permissions for directories where logic modules (files ending with ".cgi") reside are authorized for "execute" access.
- Shared logic module includes (files ending with ".pl") - Verify permissions are authorized for "read" access.
- Data components (files ending with ".dat") - Verify permissions are authorized for "read" access.
- Data components that are written to - Verify permissions are authorized for "read/write" access (refer to product documentation).
- Verify permissions for data component directories where new files are to be written are authorized for "read/write" access (refer to product documentation).
Windows® Registry (Windows® only)
On Windows® server platforms, verify the registry associates file extension ".cgi" with the correct PERL executable. Test by double clicking a ".cgi" component and verify the PERL executable is invoked. Use "RegEdit" to modify an existing registry definition.
Template Markup Variables
When specifying JHZ-CS Special Markup Variables in link parameters be sure to include special keyword "PARAM" to assure resulting replacement values embedded spaces are translated correctly to "%20".
<a href="/cgi-bin/pg/c.cgi?c=<<category PARAM>>">click</a>
When specifying JHZ-CS Special Markup Variables in named anchors be sure to include special keyword "ANCHOR" to assure resulting replacement values embedded spaces are translated correctly to"_" (underscores).
<a href="#<<category ANCHOR>>">click</a>
<a name="<<category ANCHOR>>"></a>
|Current Projects (in progress)||support|
|Completed Projects (30 days or less)||support|
|Past Projects (31 days or more)||support|
|Website Hosting Service||support|
|Banner Affiliate||use FAQ support|
|Banner Rotator||use FAQ support|
|Shopping Cart||use FAQ support|
|Page Generators Solutions|
|Category List||use FAQ support|
|Item Compare||use FAQ support|
|Item Detail||use FAQ support|
|Manufacture List||use FAQ support|
|Subcategory List||use FAQ support|
|Website Management Solutions|
|Image Verifier||use FAQ support|
|Param List Util||use FAQ support|
|Website Search Solutions|
|Item Search||use FAQ support|
|Manufacture Dir||use FAQ support|
|Text Search||use FAQ support|